Southern Harvest Association is pleased to announce SCPA-South East Producers has agreed to become our partner organisation.
SCPA and Southern Harvest share a common goal to promote our local and regional food industries. The partnership agreement is an understanding that we agree to help promote each others events and good news stories where possible. The organisations will continue to operate independently of each other.
SCPA is a not-for-profit incorporated association based in the south east of NSW. It is registered as the Sapphire Coast Producers Association Inc. (since 1994) and has operated under the registered business name SCPA-South East Producers since 2011.
SCPA members’ farms, small holdings and backyard gardens yield a range of products including organic fruits and vegetables, poultry and eggs, native flowers, honey, beef, meat rabbits, goats and more. Other members produce tools and implements, processed foods, and crafts, or provide services that increase local self-reliance.
SCPA members share the belief that agriculture must be sustainable, and champion the local, small-scale agriculture scene through many activities including:
- co-ordinating SCPA Organics, a local organic certification scheme
- supporting Bega Valley Seedsavers
- publishing SCPA News each week to spread good and useful news
- running the fortnightly SCPA Market in Bega
- creating a weekly Kitchen Gardener radio segment with the ABC
- supporting local trainers through SCPA Education
- developing the regional food economy through South East Food