Due to the extreme conditions that this region has experienced these past few months and the toll this has taken on our farmers and producers, we have decided not to run a full festival this year. Instead we would love for you to join us at
* The Harvest (Against the Odds) Long Lunch *
Postponed – new date to be confirmed
“Due to the current global health problems, it has been necessary to postpone this event. However, we would like to encourage you to still buy tickets if you intend to attend. We plan to continue to prepare for the event and purchase from local farmers and producers in preparation for a time when we can host the event. We will put together the hampers and our chefs with preserve the wonderful Autumn produce for use later. This way we can continue to support our local economies through a time that may well be very difficult and hopefully continue to enjoy the harvest into the winter months. If you are unable to attend when we reschedule the event, we will refund you ticket price.”
An event to showcase the regional harvest and provide a forum for farmers and producers to share their stories.
All proceeds will go towards relief and rebuilding efforts for member farmers and producers in our local community.
- Five courses of amazing locally grown and produced food – Cooked for you by A Forager’s Heart, Scrumpers Garden and Food for Friends
- One glass of locally produced alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage, plus drinks stalls for you to taste and purchase more
- A local produce hamper valued at $50 for adults and $25 for children
- Short talks from the local farmers and producers, effected by the recent fire and ongoing drought, who have persevered through these past few months to come to this point stronger in their community and with insight into how to move into a more resilient future.
- Tasting tables of local produce
- Local music.
Bungendore Memorial Hall, 51 Molonglo St.
Sunday 5th of April, 1200pm for 1230pm
Ticket sales here.
Bungendore is at the centre of the Southern Harvest Region, a region rich in diversified farming, gourmet foods, cold climate wines, bespoke brewing and distilling, and high quality fibre production.
If you are thinking of treating yourself to a full weekend, please consider staying in one of Bungendore’s welcoming accommodation venues.