The Southern Harvest Bungendore Farmers Market is coming up to its two year anniversary and is held every Saturday at the Anglican Church Hall in Butmaroo Street, Bungendore. The market specialises in produce from the Southern Harvest region – Southern NSW and ACT. The market is held in Bungendore, 30 minutes from Canberra.
Our current Market Manager has decided to step down to allow someone else looking for a fantastic opportunity to help grow our local market.
Position: Southern Harvest Bungendore Farmers Market Manager
Hours of work: 12 hours per week, employment is on a casual basis on commencement with a review in 6 months
Remuneration: To be negotiated, commensurate with experience.
Commencement Date: January/February 2017
The Market Manager will be expected to:
- Ensure the smooth operation of the market
- Handle all enquiries relating to stall hire
- Oversee the setting up and dismantling of the market
- Set up the office of the Market Manager and maintain records for the market
- Maintain the market database
- Hold a stall-holders’ meeting at least twice each year
- Develop fundraising opportunities and promotional materials
Skills and Experience
- A sound knowledge of the food industry
- A tourism and hospitality background
- Office management skills
- Publicity and promotional experience relevant to the food industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work across all sectors of the community
- Team building abilities
You will be supported by:
- The Southern Harvest Bungendore Farmers Market Steering Committee
- Southern Harvest Association Executive Officer
Deadline for applications is Friday 30 December. Please submit your letter of application, outlining your suitability for the role, with your current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquires please call Donna Camac on 0421 962 147.