Southern Harvest Association Farmers Market at Bungendore
Bungendore Farmers Market is looking for someone to join our small team. This is a casual job share position. The markets are held every week, in all weather conditions, as food continues to grow in all weather and people always need to eat. We also have an online market place for our members who prefer the convenience of shopping from home.
Work includes set up and pack down and onsite coordination of the market, once a fortnight, between the hours of 7.30am and 1.30pm on a Saturday (start and finish times may very seasonally or for special events). Additional hours are available through the week for administrative jobs. These hours would be worked from home under the direction of the SHA Operations Manager and Committee.
Market day tasks include:
- Erecting marquees and putting out tables, chairs and signage.
- Directing and assisting stallholders with set up.
- Setting up and overseeing the running of the market’s Community Stall.
- Serving customers
- Collecting fees from stallholders
- Packing up stall and equipment and ensuring the site is clean and secure at the end of the market.
Administrative tasks include:
- Invoicing and billing customers and producers
- Reconciling financial transactions
- Compiling and sending newsletters
- Communication with and coordination of stallholders
- A commitment to the values and mission of SHA
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to use or learn programs for point of sale and administration tasks, including Square, Google Drive and Apps, Xero, WordPress.
- Basic Food Handling certificate
- Physical ability to accomplish the listed market day tasks
- First Aid Certificate
- Food Safety Supervisor certificate
- Some knowledge of local produce and seasonality.
To apply for this role please submit a cover letter addressing selection criteria and CV to email@example.com by 26/2/21.
If you have any questions regarding the role please contact Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Southern Harvest Association (SHA) is a farmer led and volunteer run, not for profit organisation. The Purpose of the Association is to foster the sustainable growth and availability of local produce within the Southern Harvest region. This is done through markets, aggregated produce boxes, festivals, education and other networking activities.
Our aim is to support healthy relationships between growers, producers, consumers and community; to develop partnerships with like-minded organisations, local government and community groups to help facilitate the uptake of local produce; to facilitate access to education that supports the sustainable growth of local food and agricultural systems: to develop a strong regional identity around regenerative agriculture, which provides opportunities for enterprise diversity and adds value to regional produce; and to advocate for equitable access to high quality local produce for consumers and sales opportunities and scale-appropriate regulation for producers.