Wow what a ride it’s been these last few months!!! Drought, fire and now floods, who would have thought?
So here we are on the other side with hopefully a little time to recover before the next lot of crazy weather. So we thought, while we are here, although we don’t have the resources for a Harvest Festival this year, we should still celebrate…….
THE HARVEST THAT HAS HAPPENED AGAINST ALL THE ODDS!!
Therefore, we have organised for you a scrumptious long lunch in Bungendore on the 5th of April. This event will showcase the regional harvest and provide a forum for farmers and producers to share their stories. All proceeds will go towards relief and rebuilding efforts for member farmers and producers in our local community.
“Due to the current global health problems, it may be necessary to postpone this event. However, we would like to encourage you to still buy tickets if you intend to attend. We plan to continue to prepare for the event and purchase from local farmers and producers in preparation for a time when we can host the event. We will put together the hampers and our chefs with preserve the wonderful Autumn produce for use later. This way we can continue to support our local economies through a time that may well be very difficult and hopefully continue to enjoy the harvest into the winter months. If you are unable to attend when we reschedule the event, we will refund you ticket price.”
All tickets include:
- Five courses of amazing locally grown and produced food – Cooked for you by A Forager’s Heart, Scrumpers Garden and Food for Friends
- One glass of locally produced alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage, plus drinks stalls for you to taste and purchase more
- A local produce hamper valued at $50 for adults and $25 for children
- Short talks from the local farmers and producers, effected by the recent fire and ongoing drought, who have persevered through these past few months to come to this point stronger in their community and with insight into how to move into a more resilient future.
- Tasting tables of local produce
- Local music.
Bungendore Memorial Hall, 51 Molonglo St.
Sunday 5th of April, 1200pm for 1230pm
Ticket sales here.