Southern Harvest are proud to announce we have formalised a partnership agreement with Slow Food Canberra Capital and Country Convivium.
We have agreed to cross-promote activities and work together where possible to promote and support our wonderful local food producers. As a bonus, members of Southern Harvest and Slow Food Canberra will be entitled to discounts with the other organisation from time to time.
Slow Food is an international movement that promotes food and wine culture. It links pleasure and food with awareness and responsibility. Slow Food is also about forming networks between farmers and consumers; learning about our land and its limitations; and seeking to preserve local, regional and national foods and food practices especially those that are threatened with extinction.
Slow Food Canberra Capital and Country Convivium offers members an interesting and varied array of experiences including:
- excellent dinners and lunches in a range of prices from family-affordable upwards
- “table d’hote” events where members sample food and wines from people who share the Slow food philosophy
- conversations with chefs, educators, authors and food entrepreneurs
- visits to producers and provedores who tell us about their methods and approaches, and inspire us with their passion to excel in their field
- the important “convivial aspect: having a sociable/festive time with like-minded friends of the “Slow lifestyle”.
We look forward to ongoing collaboration between our organisations.