Join the Farms with a Future Program by attending one of SCPA-South East Producers’ Ground Work Days, and improve the sustainability of your farm.
Do you want to improve your soil, water retention and biodiversity, but are not sure where to start?
You’ll get to:
- See what other farmers are already doing
- Participate in a practical Ground Work Day
- Network with other sustainable farmers
- Have the opportunity to obtain funding for your own sustainable farm practices.
The next Farms with a Future Ground Work Day will be held at:
Where: Kosciuszko Rd, Berridale on the property of Melinda Taylor and Jamie Atherton
When: 9.15 for 9.30 start, Thursday 4 May
COST: $20 per person (max 2 per farm property). Lunch provided.
See the case study HERE
The Ground Work Day will focus on:
- Biodynamic practices for soil building and water retention in a cold and dry climate
- Accessing water via springs and water retention methods of swales and ripping using a tractor
- Planting out trees and shrubs into bushland pockets.
Those attending are required to submit (after the Ground Work Day) a brief Sustainable Farm Plan for their property and will be in the running for:
- $1000 to progress their plan or
- $4000 to progress their plan and host a Ground Work Day in next year
REGISTRATION: essential, places are limited. Register HERE.
Farms with a Future is part of the $125 million of National Landcare Programme investment that Local Land Services is delivering to boost farm gate productivity and improve environmental health across NSW.